My father had a gift for telling stories. I would listen for hours, mesmerized as he spun tales. My own stories seem to spring from a compulsion, or maybe just from my genes. I write for myself but, like my father, I would never turn away an audience. These stories are true, reflections of events in my life.

About Me

My photo
Husband, father, recovering person, Navy veteran, polio survivor. I have learned to stop fearing life, to enjoy it like a good novel that can tease with promise and delight with suprise.

June 17, 2005

Hello Again


It's good to be back. It has been several months since I last posted. Much has changed, especially within me.

I have begun to get physically active again. After 14 years off the bicycle I am back on the road. With a new Trek under me and a world of unexplored asphalt I am anxious to rediscover the me that once enjoyed 200 miles a week and the rush of endorphins coursing through me veins. My new titanium hip implant is finally paying dividends.

I feel spiritually renewed. I have explored my faith and reconnected with a Higher Power I had ignored for decades. It feels like coming home.

I am reacquainted with my body. A recent fourteen-day fast has helped me to recognize and abandon some bad habits. Eating has evolved into something more than just recreation or refuge.

And, I am anxious to write again.

Let me tell you about it....

No comments: